Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have been making these cookies every year for Christmas since I was in high school!! I roll them really thin so they are crispy, not soft/chewy and only add sprinkles. This recipe is for a double batch, but can easily be divided. **Chilling dough not included in prep time**
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- colored sprinkles, for decoration
- Cream together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually mix dry ingredients into the butter/sugar mixture and stir until incorporated (can be done by hand, but I use a stand mixer).
- Cover with plastic wrap and let chill in fridge until cold (approx. 1 hour).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out approximately 1 1/2-2 cups of dough at a time (or whatever amount you have room for on your workspace).
- Cut cookies with seasonal cookie cutters.
- Place cookies on parchment-lined cookie sheets for easy clean up.
- Sprinkle with colored sugar sprinkles.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until edges turn golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack and store at room temperature in an air-tight container.
Cah-raaaaazy for anything that goes in the oven at 350-400 degrees and contains eggs, sugar, and flour. Made for A-NZ#60.