3 hrs 25 mins
Nature's Cuisine's Note:
From Betty Crocker Cook Book (40th Anniversary Edition). I've made this SEVERAL times and it is always delicious. consistency.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and sort peas. Heat peas and water to boiling in Dutch oven. Boil uncovered 2 minutes. Simmer on low 1 hour.
- 2Stir onion, celery and pepper. Add ham shanks. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 2 hours or until peas are a little mushy.
- 3Remove ham bone; remove ham from bone. Trim excess fat from ham; cut ham into 1/2 inch pieces. (If you would like to skim the fat, do so now).
- 4Stir ham and carrots into soup. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until carrots are tender and soup is of desired consistency, about 30 minutes. Add salt and extra pepper (if needed) to taste.
Browse Our Top Taste/Mood Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Taste/Mood Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Betty Crocker's Split Pea Soup (Revised)
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.5
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 39.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.5 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: