Recipe by Brieness79
A Betty Crocker Kitchens favorite, this herb-flecked meat loaf is everything a good meat loaf should be!
Top Review by tickledsassy
Doubled the fresh sage and upped the salt and pepper just slightly. Tender and soft well-seasoned meatloaf. May try it with oatmeal instead of the bread. Chili sauce on top.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage leaves or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic cloves, finely chopped or 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 3 slices bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup or 1⁄2 cup chili sauce or 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients except ketchup. Spread mixture in ungreased loaf pan, 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2 or 9x5x3 inches, or shape into 9x5-inch loaf in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches. Spread ketchup over top.
- Insert meat thermometer so tip is in center of loaf. Bake uncovered 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until thermometer reads 160°F.