From Betty Crocker's website. A good salad for us when we have fresh fennel in our organic vegetable box. Cooking time does not include 1 hour marinading time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup olive oil or 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb swordfish or 1 lb tuna steak, 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- 12 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cut crosswise into 6 slices
- 10 leaves romaine lettuce, coarsely torn
- 2 cups arugula, torn into bite-sized pieces (rocket)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 kalamata olives or 12 pitted black olives
- 1For shallot-thyme vinaigrette: mix oil, vinegars, shallots, mustard, thyme and salt and set aside.
- 2Place fish steaks, shrimp and 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette in shallow glass or plastic dish. Turn fish and shrimp to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour. Reserve remaining vinaigrette.
- 3Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- 4Remove fish and shrimp from marinade: reserve marinade. Cover and grill fish and fennel 5 to 6 inches from medium heat 5 minutes: brush with marinade. Add shrimp. Cover and grill 5 to 15 minutes, turning and brushing fish, fennel and shrimp with marinade 2 or 3 times, until shrimp are pink and firm and fish flakes easily with fork, and fennel is tender. Discard any remaining marinade.
- 5Arrange romaine and arugula on serving platter. Cut fish into bit-sized pieces. Arrange romaine and arugula on romaine mixture. Serve with remaining vinaigrette.
Browse Our Top Summer Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Summer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Betty Crocker's Grilled Mixed Seafood Salad
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.5
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Sodium 531.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar