From Betty Crocker's website. A good salad for us when we have fresh fennel in our organic vegetable box. Cooking time does not include 1 hour marinading time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup olive oil or 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb swordfish or 1 lb tuna steak, 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- 12 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cut crosswise into 6 slices
- 10 leaves romaine lettuce, coarsely torn
- 2 cups arugula, torn into bite-sized pieces (rocket)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 kalamata olives or 12 pitted black olives
- 1For shallot-thyme vinaigrette: mix oil, vinegars, shallots, mustard, thyme and salt and set aside.
- 2Place fish steaks, shrimp and 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette in shallow glass or plastic dish. Turn fish and shrimp to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour. Reserve remaining vinaigrette.
- 3Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- 4Remove fish and shrimp from marinade: reserve marinade. Cover and grill fish and fennel 5 to 6 inches from medium heat 5 minutes: brush with marinade. Add shrimp. Cover and grill 5 to 15 minutes, turning and brushing fish, fennel and shrimp with marinade 2 or 3 times, until shrimp are pink and firm and fish flakes easily with fork, and fennel is tender. Discard any remaining marinade.
- 5Arrange romaine and arugula on serving platter. Cut fish into bit-sized pieces. Arrange romaine and arugula on romaine mixture. Serve with remaining vinaigrette.
Browse Our Top Summer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Betty Crocker's Grilled Mixed Seafood Salad
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.5
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Sodium 531.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar