Recipe by AprilShowers
This is a really good chili recipe from Betty Crocker's Slow Cooker Cookbook. I've served it at gatherings may times and everyone always enjoys it! We enjoy ours served over Fritos with cheese and sour cream on top.
Top Review by gen_here
This is a family favorite in our household. We use the ingredients as written, but I cook the onions with the browning beef to ensure they're soft since crunchy onions don't go over well =)
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef in skillet over medium heat until browned; drain.
- Mix beef and remaining ingredients except beans in 3 1/2 - 6quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 6 to 8 hours (or high heat setting 3 to 4 hours) or until onion is tender.
- Stir in beans. Cover and cook on high heat setting 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.