Top Review by Tamara J.
I consider myself a Beef Stroganoff conisseur, I've looked the world over and have founs if you Use fresh garlic instead of powdered and an extra shake of worcheshire you've got the BEST hands down beef stroganoff EVER!!
- 2 lbs sirloin steaks
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (6 ounce) canof sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cans condensed beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup instant minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 cups sour cream
- 8 ounces medium noodles
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut meat across the grain into ¾-inch slices, then into strips 3 x ¼ inch.
- Melt ¼ cup butter in a large skillet.
- Cook and stir mushrooms in butter about 5 minutes; remove mushrooms.
- In same skillet, brown meat.
- Reserving 2/3 cup of broth, stir in remaining broth, the onion, ketchup and garlic powder.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Blend reserved broth and the flour; stir into meat.
- Add mushrooms; heat to boiling, stirring constantly; boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in sour cream and heat through.
- Cook noodles as directed on package; drain.
- Toss with 3 tablespoons butter and serve with stroganoff.