Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Ok this one is from the original betterly crocker's cookbook. I'm always baking it for everyone and when I was away I didn't have my cookbook with me so I couldn't make it, since it's no where else online =) enjoy!!! makes one loaf of bread
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened (about 5 and 1/3 tbsp)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups of ripe bananas (about 3-4 ripe bananas)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Mix sugar and butter in a medium bowl. Stir in eggs until blended. Add bananas and water; beat 30 seconds. Stir in remaining ingredients except nuts just until moistened. Stir in nuts. Pour into pan. Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 55 to 60 minutes; cool 5 minutes. Cool completely before slicing or it might fall apart and be difficult to slice into pieces.
- 120 calories per slice.
- DO NOT USE SELF RISING FLOUR (the baking soda and powder lets it rise on its own.
- wrap and refrigerate not longer than 1 week.