Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
french dressing is very Out of Vogue... but it really is very good for a change --
- 1 cup olive oil or 1 cup safflower oil
- 2⁄3 cup good quality ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Shake all ingredients in a tightly covered container.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
- Shake well before using each time.
- Serve on fruit or tossed salads.
- Makes 2-2/3 cup dressing.