Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
These cookies are so delicious and extremely easy! I found the recipe on a box of devil's food cake mix and I have loved it ever since. Nuts are completely optional, I usually make them without, but macadamia nuts are really nice when you add them.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) boxbetty crocker supermoist devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat half the dry cake mix, the butter, vanilla, and eggs in a large bowl on medium speed until smooth, or mix with a spoon.
- Stir in remaining cake mix, the nuts (if used), and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tsps about 2-inches apart onto the ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are set (the centers will be soft).
- Cool 1 minute, remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
The dough was very hard to mix. I ended up having to mix it by hand because it was just getting stuck in my electronic mixer. I also felt that the cookies were not sweet enough; they needed something more.
batter was really hard to mix with my electric hand mixer, i used to no name devils food mix tho so maybe next time i will try betty crockers supermoist or just add another egg. we added hersheys mint/semi sweet chocolate chips, reminded me of an andies mint cookie - will be making again and trying them out with regular, peanut butter, and white chips too
These were delicious and easy to make! It was a nice break from ordinary chocolate chip cookies.