Recipe by Dienia B.
From my mother-in-law Libby. I think this is the one she made. Detective work is hard, lol. They said these would melt in your mouth.
Top Review by Breezytoo
These are delicious! I've been using this recipe for years and even tho they're a bit time consuming, the end result is so very worth it! These delicate little cookies melt in your mouth and are a great recipe for something special! Nice to see it posted here in case I ever lose my cookbook! :) Thank you!
- 236.59 ml butter
- 473.18 ml flour
- 78.07 ml whipping cream
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml butter
- 177.44 ml sifted icing sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter, flour and whipping cream thoroughly. Chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Roll dough 1/8" thick on a lightly floured board.
- Cut into 1-1/2 inch rounds.
- Transfer onto waxed paper heavily sprinkled with sugar, turning to coat both sides.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet; prick in 4 places with fork.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until slightly puffy.
- Put 2 cookies together with filling.
- Blend butter, icing sugar and vanilla together.
- If desired tint pink or green (which I would; the picture is great).