From my mother-in-law Libby. I think this is the one she made. Detective work is hard, lol. They said these would melt in your mouth.
- Mix butter, flour and whipping cream thoroughly. Chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Roll dough 1/8" thick on a lightly floured board.
- Cut into 1-1/2 inch rounds.
- Transfer onto waxed paper heavily sprinkled with sugar, turning to coat both sides.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet; prick in 4 places with fork.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until slightly puffy.
- Put 2 cookies together with filling.
- Blend butter, icing sugar and vanilla together.
- If desired tint pink or green (which I would; the picture is great).