Recipe by Yummy InMyTummy
I found this recipe in an old dusty cookbook in my grandma's house. They came out light and fluffy with a touch of golden brown.
Top Review by haras132
My mom makes these muffins, without the blueberries, and substituting 1/4 c oil for the shortening. They are my most favorite muffins, ever! A real good compliment to soup, too.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a different bowl combine shortening, egg, and milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Carefully fold in blueberries. Don't worry if you crush a couple, the juices make a nice color swirl.
- Bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden.