Recipe by sburmer1
Stroganoff, once only weekend special can now be served weeknights thanks to slow cooking. Prep Time: 15 min Total Time: 8 hours 15 min Makes: 8 servings
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 cup onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can onion soup mix
- 1 (6 ounce) jar Green Giant sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) container low-fat sour cream
- 6 cups whole wheat egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In 3 1/2- to 4 1/2-quart slow cooker, mix beef, onion, soups, mushrooms and pepper.
- 2. Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until beef is very tender.
- 3. Stir cream cheese into beef mixture until melted. Stir sour cream into beef mixture. Serve over noodles.