Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
from a 1950s-1960s cookbook
Make and share this Betty Crocker 1950s Easy Scrambled Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- Break eggs into a bowl with milk or water.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Beat with a fork or whisk.
- Heat butter in a moderately hot skillet.
- Pour the egg mixture in and reduce heat to low.
- [Eggs should be scrambled slowly and gently!].
- When mixture starts to set at the bottom and sides, lift the cooked portions with a spatula and turn gently to cook all portions evenly.
- As soon as the eggs are almost cooked through but are still moist and glossy, about 5-8 minutes, quickly remove to a hot platter and serve at once.
Good old fashioned scrambled eggs that were thoroughly enjoyed by the DM and myself with a slice of toasted buttered soughdough. Thank you carrie sheriden, made for All You Can Cook Buffet tag game special.
I really enjoyed these. I used parsley and a little bit of tarragon. Thanks for sharing carrie sheridan. Made for I Recommend Tag.
I cooked these eggs for at least 10 minutes but they weren't done enough for me but my brother liked them just fine. Different people have different tastes, I guess. I cooked them slowly as the recipe recommends but it's just not my personal taste. Made for the I Recommend cooking tag game.