Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My vegan version of a classic lunchtime treat! This is amazing between two slices of grilled whole wheat bread. Feel free to substitute minced red onion for the scallion in this
- 8 ounces tempeh, crumbled into tiny pieces
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegan mayonnaise (I prefer Vegenaise)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt (or to taste)
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl, use a fork to smash up pieces of tempeh until combined well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I didn't anticipate this tasting so good! The name is so true. This is delicious. I made only one change... I didn't add celery salt. I thought there was enough celery in the recipe and for me there was. Besides, I didn't have any celery salt! I will make this often. Thanks so much KB. Made for My3C.