Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Trying to please a family of 8 is not an easy task around my home. Especially when they are all males and very picky about their food! Boxed foods are not acceptable here so everything is made from scratch. This tuna casserole was designed to please the pickiest of eaters with an easy & quick preparation in mind. I hope you will find this tuna casserole recipe creamy and tasteful. It is very well open to add your own favorite preferences for taste. Enjoy!
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles (cooked)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (sliced thin or medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream or 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 ounces cream cheese (cubed)
- 3 ounces Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) envelopeof lipton recipe secrets vegetable soup mix
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna (drained, or 1 pkg. of Immitation Crab tastes great with this recipe, as well)
- Cook 12 oz. package of egg noodles and set aside.
- Saute' onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Add half & half/milk, chicken broth, cream cheese and velveeta cheese. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the cheeses have melted.
- Add parmesan cheese and 1 envelope of Lipton vegetable soup mix. Stir and cook over medium heat about 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Add noodles and salt & pepper. Stir until well blended.
- Gently stir in Tuna or immitation crab chunks. Let set, covered, for a few minutes and serve.
- Serve with hushpuppies/homemade bread and your favorite vegetable or sides.
Husband made this last night. The only change that he made was he used more butter to saute vegatables ( he thought that 2 Tbsp wasn't enough but he's a big fan of Paula Dean if you know what I mean). We all loved this recipe and it will become a go to for us.
I had to make a few substitutions (sharp cheddar for Velveeta, Lipton's onion soup and a TB Mrs Dash for the Lipton's veg soup, Knorr chicken bullion and water for the broth) based on what was on hand, but I really like the taste! Very creamy and filling. Due to the saltiness of the bullion and soup mix, and the large amount of pepper in Mrs. Dash, no extra salt and pepper were needed in mine. Thanks for posting this!