Chef #354402's Note:
Trying to please a family of 8 is not an easy task around my home. Especially when they are all males and very picky about their food! Boxed foods are not acceptable here so everything is made from scratch. This tuna casserole was designed to please the pickiest of eaters with an easy & quick preparation in mind. I hope you will find this tuna casserole recipe creamy and tasteful. It is very well open to add your own favorite preferences for taste. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles (cooked)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (sliced thin or medium)
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream or 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 ounces cream cheese (cubed)
- 3 ounces Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope of lipton recipe secrets vegetable soup mix
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna (drained, or 1 pkg. of Immitation Crab tastes great with this recipe, as well)
- 1Cook 12 oz. package of egg noodles and set aside.
- 2Saute' onion and celery in butter until tender.
- 3Add half & half/milk, chicken broth, cream cheese and velveeta cheese. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the cheeses have melted.
- 4Add parmesan cheese and 1 envelope of Lipton vegetable soup mix. Stir and cook over medium heat about 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- 5Add noodles and salt & pepper. Stir until well blended.
- 6Gently stir in Tuna or immitation crab chunks. Let set, covered, for a few minutes and serve.
- 7Serve with hushpuppies/homemade bread and your favorite vegetable or sides.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Than Tuna Helper
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 853.4
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 204.4 mg
- Sodium 2114.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 46.5 g