Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was served at a nutritional class I attended and I really enjoyed it!
Make and share this Better Than Tuna recipe from Food.com.
- Finely chop the pepper, celery, onion and tomato, and place in a bowl.
- Finely grate carrots, resembling carrot pulp (I use the pulp when I juice carrots), and add the carots to the vegetable mixture.
- Combine 1/2 cup mayo, soy sauce, parsley and kelp and add to the above chopped vegetables.
- Mix well and allow to marinate for flavors to blend.
- May be served on a bed of lettuce, on sandwich, or to stuff a pita or tomato.
It tastes nothing like tuna- but still very good! I used carrot pulp from 1 cup of carrot juice, but I would probably use fresh ones next time - maybe the texture would be better. DH liked it. He thought this was my unsuccesfful attempt to immitate a terrine! I did add 1 tsp of wasabi powder at the end. Thank you !
I thought this was...interesting. We did have to make a few subs. based on what was on hand. We left out the celery and used dry parsley and fat free mayo. I enjoyed it with crackers, though I did find it quite salty with the soy sauce and the salt. Interesting lunch, though!
Not like tuna, but a fantastic salad! I used regular grated carrot, and about a cup of chopped tomato (I only had grape tomatoes.) Also didn't have red onion so subbed scallions. I guess the texture would be quite different if using carrot pulp and finelt chopping the veggies, but I was too lazy to chop it all up so tiny and I'm glad I didn't because I loved this just the way it was. So good I ate the whole bowl for lunch... nothing else needed. Thanks for this one Sharon. It's a keeper!