Recipe by Sharon123
This was served at a nutritional class I attended and I really enjoyed it!
Top Review by Izzy Knight
It tastes nothing like tuna- but still very good! I used carrot pulp from 1 cup of carrot juice, but I would probably use fresh ones next time - maybe the texture would be better. DH liked it. He thought this was my unsuccesfful attempt to immitate a terrine! I did add 1 tsp of wasabi powder at the end. Thank you !
- 2 cups carrots
- 1 tomatoes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (I use Bragg Liquid Aminos)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or vegenaise)
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 1 medium ripe bell pepper
- 2 stalks celery
- 1⁄2 medium red onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kelp (or sea salt)
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop the pepper, celery, onion and tomato, and place in a bowl.
- Finely grate carrots, resembling carrot pulp (I use the pulp when I juice carrots), and add the carots to the vegetable mixture.
- Combine 1/2 cup mayo, soy sauce, parsley and kelp and add to the above chopped vegetables.
- Mix well and allow to marinate for flavors to blend.
- May be served on a bed of lettuce, on sandwich, or to stuff a pita or tomato.