Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
We prefer this cheesy version of the traditional bean bake.
Make and share this Better Than Traditional Green Bean Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen green beans
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups French-fried onions (French's)
- Combine soups, milk, pepper in a large baking dish.
- Stir in beans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- Top with french friend onions.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until onions are golden brown.
I was going to make our "traditional" green bean casserole for Easter when I found this and decided to try it instead. (I was putting my life in my own hands). Everyone LOVED it, Shelli!!! The cheddar cheese soup was a nice variation to an old favorite. Thanks so much for sharing.
I decided to try this for our Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone just loved it! It was a very nice change from he ordinary green bean bake. I did add some of the French-fried onions into it before baking and then more on top at the end.
This was wonderful, not a crumb left! I had many comments on how much better this was than the usual. It was very easy to make.