Recipe by QueenQT26
This is, again, from vegweb.com. This got absolutely AMAZING reviews over there, so I'm guessing it's pretty darn good (multiple users said it would even fool the dairy lovers)! A few users suggested only using half the recommended amount of tofu (1 12oz. container). Others said they used turbinado sugar in place of the syrup. Can't wait to try it! Lemme know what you think!
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegan sugar or 2 tablespoons other artificial sweetener
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 lbs soft silken tofu (well drained but not pressed)
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup frozen pineapple concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust:.
- Melt margarine and blend well with graham cracker cumbs and sweetener.
- Press well into bottom of spring-form pan or round cake pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Mash tofu with vegan cream cheese.
- Add all other ingredients to tofu mixture and whip with hand mixer until well blended and very creamy. Try to get all tofu lumps out.
- Pour into crust and bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes.
- Turn OFF oven and leave in for 15 minutes more to help set center.
- When done edges should be golden and starting to pull away from sides of pan, center should be soft set (it will wiggle if you shake pan lightly).
- Cool about an hour then refrigerate another 3 hours to set center.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Helpful hints: Draining the tofu well is important. Too much liquid and the center won't set well. After slicing the cake place a paper towel in the cut out section before returning it to the frige. This will absorb any fluid that will condense on the plate or in the pan and keep the bottom of the cake from getting too soggy.