Recipe by TheDancingCook
Lots of peppers, tender beef and tomatoes stir fried in a delicious brown ginger/garlic/soy sauce. I love to serve this over some Jasmine rice. It's a family favorite passed along from my aunt. I think it tastes even better than take out! Perfect easy weeknight dish to prep, cook and on table in 30 minutes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs top round steaks, cut into 3/4 to 1 inch strips or bite size cubes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 -2 dash ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 large green peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cornstarch, sugar, ginger with soy sauce; mix well.
- Add meat and stir.
- Get oil hot in deep dish skillet and add beef only, reserving soy sauce liquid.
- Meanwhile, cut up peppers and tomatoes.
- When beef is browned, add the peppers, tomatoes, garlic, water and reserved soy sauce liquid into skillet.
- Cook over medium to low heat until peppers are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice (I prefer Jasmine rice).