Recipe by BachFromTheDead
This is an adapted recipe of bluberry pound cake that I've endeavored, it was a HUGE hit with my familia and has a sweet-but-not-too-sweet flavor with impeccable texture.
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 12 ounces frozen blueberries or 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup butter, softened, a tad warmer than room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (165 degrees celsius). Coat a rectangular pan with butter, 3x6 or other.
- In a mixer,electric or non (electric works best), cream together butter and ricotta cheese. Pour in sugar/splenda and mix until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well until each is incorporated. Mix in vanilla and almond extracts.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Slowly add flour mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter, gently as to not crush the berries.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Cook for an additional 50-75 minutes until the center is set and a chopstick/toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve either immediately or cold.