Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
We came up with the recipe after having a 3lb bag of grated Parmesan cheese in our house. We got creative and made lots of meals involving the Parmesan cheese. This is one of those. I'm a huge fan of balsamic vinegar and the tenderness and taste that is achieved with this recipe is outstanding.
- 4 cups whole small broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon course ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients except for mozzarella cheese.
- Pour into a glass casserole dish. Top with a glass lid or use aluminum foil.
- Cook for about 20-30 minutes or until your preferred tenderness is achieved.
- Remove lid and add mozzarella cheese on top. Cook until melted and enjoy!
I have to admit the vinegar was a bit too much for me, even though I like vinegar. It was definitely a nice, and different way, to do broccoli, but I would cut back on the vinegar, or just use either the balsamic, or, the apple cider, not both. However, everyone has different tastes!!! interesting recipe, made for PAC Fall 2012, thank you, Raven!
Well, I don't think it holds true to its name, however this is a good broccoli dish! :) Made as written and it came out nice and tender in 24 minutes. I did like that you didn't need a ton of salt on it; it gets a nice bite from the vinegars. Made for I Recommend Tag.