Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
There are so many versions, but this one is more of a pudding than a cake. Repeatedly requested by family & friends, it'll cause discussion as to whether eating this or the namesake is more fun! This recipe is easily diabetic converted with sugar free puddings and omission of chocolate bar.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup crushed pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (4 ounce) box instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 4 cups cold milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 chocolate bar, shavings
- Preheat oven 350.
- Mix flour, pecans, and butter well.
- Press flour mixture into bottom of 13X9 pan. (It helps to wet hands repeatedly during this process).
- Bake flour mixture for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Mix cream cheese, cool whip, and 2 T milk to smooth. Set aside.
- Mix chocolate pudding with 2 C cold milk. Set aside.
- Mix butterscotch pudding with 2 C cold milk.
- Layer butterscotch pudding, 1/2 cream cheese mixture, and chocolate pudding on top of cooled flour/pecan crust.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cream cheese mixture.
- Last, add chopped pecans and chocolate bar shavings.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut into squares to serve.