Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Southern to the Core, a beautifully presented cookbook that I received in the 2011 Cookbook Swap from BusyMomof3. Times are estimated and I have not included overnight chill time if you choose to serve chilled.
- 4 tablespoons instant coffee (French vanilla mix)
- 6 cups hot water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups milk
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Mix together the coffee mix, hot water and sugar in a lare bowl or pitcher.
- Add the chocolate syrup, vanilla and milk; mix well and cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve either hot or cold with a scoop of icecream on top of each serving.
Terrific coffee treat I'mPat. I enjoyed this tasty decadent treat very much. Made exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. It was so good, I tried it both ways, hot and cold. It was quick and so easy to make. Thanks so much for sharing this winner.
Mmmmmmmmm (place happy face here). Really marvelous. I made this some Malted Vanilla ice cream that I made for PAC a couple of days age and espresso powder. Lainey used the word decadent and I'll go along with that 100%. Pure pleasure.
Decadent for sure! I halved the recipe. It is truly a delicious treat! Thanks for sharing!