Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this fantastic recipe from Dr. Laurie Itcush - it was her grandmothers. It's awsome, and addictive. You can put it on ice cream, cake, graham crackers, or each other. What every floats your boat - go for it!
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup frys cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract (Mexican is Best)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 beaten eggs
- Mix together first three ingredients in heavy saucepan and simmer lightly for 5- 10 minutes.
- Take off heat and allow to cool.
- Add the Vanilla, Butter and Beaten Eggs.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Seal any leftovers in a mason jar with a tight lid. Can be kept for up to a week. (If you can manage to let it last that long - Good Luck With That My Friends!).
Delish! Thank you!
What a delightful recipe! It must be the egg that makes the difference, this is like velvet, and thicker than your usual chock sauces...makes more of it to adhere on, what ever it is that you are using it on. I poured some on a peanut butter pie, a marriage made in heaven!
This was so easy to make and the only word for it is yum! I poured it over hot chocolate cake which was delicous, just need to decide what to do with it next!