Top Review by Brenda Chandler
I usually bake cakes from scratch only, but this recipe sounded good because I love pineapple and bananas. This cake was very easy to make and tasted good and was more delicious 2 days later. I think I will try it again using a scratch cake and drain the pineapple somewhat so the cake will be less soggy. All the people who tried it loved it, even my husband who insists I bake from scratch.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 can large pineapple, crushed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (8 oz.)
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 -5 bananas
- 1 container Cool Whip (large tub)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup coconut
- to taste cherries, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake as directed on package, using milk instead of water.
- Bake in oblong pan at 350 degrees until done. When done, remove from oven and punch holes in top (the size of a pencil). Mix sugar and pineapple and bring to a boil.
- Slowly pour this over the cake. Let set a few minutes.
- Mix the pudding as directed on box.
- Mix cream cheese with the pudding mix using mixer; spread over cake. Cover this with layer of sliced bananas.
- Spread Cool Whip over bananas.
- Sprinkle coconut and pecans over top and decorate with cherries.