Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Mix cake as directed on package, using milk instead of water.
- Bake in oblong pan at 350 degrees until done. When done, remove from oven and punch holes in top (the size of a pencil). Mix sugar and pineapple and bring to a boil.
- Slowly pour this over the cake. Let set a few minutes.
- Mix the pudding as directed on box.
- Mix cream cheese with the pudding mix using mixer; spread over cake. Cover this with layer of sliced bananas.
- Spread Cool Whip over bananas.
- Sprinkle coconut and pecans over top and decorate with cherries.
I usually bake cakes from scratch only, but this recipe sounded good because I love pineapple and bananas. This cake was very easy to make and tasted good and was more delicious 2 days later. I think I will try it again using a scratch cake and drain the pineapple somewhat so the cake will be less soggy. All the people who tried it loved it, even my husband who insists I bake from scratch.
I made this about a month ago and forgot to review it! I was looking it up again for a friend and noticed. This cake is fabulous, even without bananas. My bananas were too ripe to slice so I left them out. I also left off the coconut since I made it for picky folks who did not like it. It's worth the tiny extra bit of effort involved for sure. Thanks for posting!
Made this for my husbands birthday, we all loved it!!!