Recipe by ~*Miss Diggy*~
This was one of my favorite cakes that my mom made. Everyone called it better than sex cake. The prep time includes freezer time for it to set.
Top Review by Cindy Lynn
I have an aversion to store bought cake mixes, so since the recipe said, 'made according to instructions for two 8 inch round cakes', I felt that gave me license to use 'any' chocolate cake I wished. I decided to increase the recipe (made three 9-inch layers rather than two 8-inch) and use my favorite [recipe=25080]Chocolate Cake[/recipe]. I doubled the cool whip and chocolate syrup (I used Hershey's syrup), but retained the 6 Skor bars called for. That may have been a mistake as this was tooooooo good!!! We all pigged out. This morning before the school bus came, I caught my youngest daughter in the freezer. She was snitching some more of the cake before school. She told me, "Mom, this is soooo good! It's even better frozen!! You are going to make this again...aren't you?!" Tonight she and DH were into it again and I'm afraid that if I go looking for some, I'll be disappointed...lol. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe Diggy!
- 1 box chocolate cake, made according to instuctions for two 8 inch round cakes
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- 6 Skor candy bars, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cool whip, syrup, and equivalent to 5 skor bars together.
- Spread some on top of one cake, and place other cake directly on top of that one.
- Put more on top of that cake and on sides.
- Sprinkle the rest of skor bar crumbs on top.
- Put in freezer for about an hour, or until firm.