Recipe by Paul K. Lago
It is my understanding that there are a variety of recipes masquerading under this name, but this is the one that my friends like most. Overnight chilling not included in preparation time.
Top Review by yooper
I sure can vouch for this one. I've made this at least a dozen times in the past two years and have always recieved many compliments! This was known to me as the "better than sex" cake, and most people blushingly agree when they taste it that it's title lives up to it's name!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as directed in cake directions)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (or as directed in cake directions)
- 3 eggs (or as directed in cake directions)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 -12 ounce) jar Mrs Richardson's caramel topping or 1 (8 -12 ounce) jar butterscotch topping
- 8 ounces whipped topping (Extra Creamy Dream Whip is good)
- 2 Heath candy bars, crushed (Skor bars or Nestle's Heath bits will also work, if you can find them)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and lightly flour 13" x 9" cake pan.
- Mix cake as directed on package.
- Bake the cake about 35 minutes or until it tests done.
- As soon as it comes out of the oven, poke holes all over it with a fork (I actually use a small diameter chop stick) and pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the cake, followed by caramel sauce (microwaved about one minute until warm and easily pourable - I use only about 10 oz of the jar).
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Shortly before serving, spread whipped topping over cake and sprinkle with crushed Heath bars (or bits).