Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is so good! It takes a while to make, but is so worth it.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (18 ounce) carton whipped topping
- 1 cup coconut (more if you like)
- Prepare and bake cake by directions on box. Cool.
- In a saucepan, bring to a boil the can of pineapple and the sugar; boil until sugar is dissolved, stirring.
- Poke holes in cake with a fork and spread this mixture over top of cake.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Then prepare pudding by box directions.
- Spread pudding over the top of first topping.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate over night.
- At serving time, spread on the whipped topping and sprinkle with the coconut.
This cake is awesome. Very simple and refreshing. Nice change from the usual cakes. I bring this to work and it's gone by 7:30 am! I tried cheesecake flavored pudding last time and it was great. Also, I recommend toasting the coconut for the top.
Thanks for posting a great, classic BTS cake!!! The only thing I changed was I mixed some white sugar with some brown sugar. 1/4 cup of each. And I rinsed some halfed maraschino cherried and then put them on top of whipped topping. Again, great choice!!!
I made this for my grandparents anneversary, because my grandma requested it. Everybody loved it. The only thing i changed was I made a homemade yellow cake,http://www.recipezaar.com/14378 Thanks for the recipe.