Recipe by Skeeter
My daughter brought this recipe home from Boston, about 15 years ago. It is sooo yummy. A favorite of our family.
Top Review by Beach Tia
I made these for the Super Bowl party and we loved them. As others have said, next time I will get those, hard to unwrap, carmels ready ahead of time. I had to scream "help" and my husband and grandaughter came running. I wish somone would come up with an easy method for step 7. I definitely could not pour but no one said a thing about the kinda rough look on the top. Vanilla ice cream just almost makes it live up to its name.
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 (5 3/4 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 (6 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 bags pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together: cake mix, butter and 1/3 cup milk.
- Press 1/2 of mix into a 9 x 13-in. greased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle on pecans.
- Melt together caramels and rest of milk, pour over pecans.
- Sprinkle on chocolate chips.
- Pour on remaining cake mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.