Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a family favorite for potlucks..you could clean up the title and call it "Better than Robert Redford". My recipe for this is a little different than the traditional recipe, because I use 2 flavors of CHOCOLATE pudding, and REAL WHIPPED CREAM. I prefer whipped cream to Cool-Whip because it is natural. And the chocolate...well do I really need to explain?
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 16 ounces whipped cream
- 4 cups milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant devil's food pudding mix
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes chocolate pudding
- chopped nuts
- chocolate shavings
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 13x9x2 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, mix flour walnuta nd butter. Pat into prepared baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in 1/4 of the whipped cream. Spread over cooled crust.
- Prepare puddings according to directions on the box. Spread devil's food pudding over cream cheese layer and top with 1/4 whipped cream. Layer remaining pudding on to of that, and spread reaminig whipped cream on top. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate shavings. Chill at least 2 hours or overnight.