Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm not a big fan of plain old roast turkey or chicken, but I love these sandwiches the next day. They can be made ahead of time, although the toast won't stay crispy if refrigerated for any length of time.
- 1 slice bread
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 2 slices cooked turkey
- 1⁄4 cup prepared stuffing
- 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce
- 1 slice cheese
- 1⁄4 cup gravy, heated
- Toast bread, lay on rectangle of tin foil.
- Spread with mayonnaise.
- Top with one slice of turkey.
- Top with stuffing, cranberry sauce and cheese. Put remaining turkey on top [this is so the cheese won't stick to the foil too much].
- Fold loosely inside tin foil.
- Bake at 350 about 20 minutes, to heat through and melt cheese.
- Serve with hot gravy.
- Note.I don't usually have nice even slices of turkey left over, so I just cover the bread with the little bits and pieces that usually remain after the feast. Use as much or as little as you like of all the ingredients. I also like to season the turkey layer with some pepper. I don't add salt, because the stuffing, cheese and gravy are salty enough for me.