Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This hot, spicy mustard is better than Poupon and hotter than a New Mexican summer! Try it, you'll love it. For real class, substitute white wine for the beer.
- Mix everything but egg in the top of a double boiler (can be made in regular pan if very careful).
- Begin to heat mustard mix over low.
- Beat the egg until thick and yellow.
- Slowly stir into mustard mix.
- Cook 8-10 minutes over low, stirring the whole time.
- Once mustard has thickened, remove from heat.
- Sterilize a glass jar; pour in mustard.
- Stores in fridge 2 1/2- 3 months.
- For variation, stir in a bit of horseradish and caraway seeds, or chopped onion, or chopped jalepenos.