Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Rice stands in for potatoes in this unique twist on an American classic!
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 8 radishes, sliced
- 4 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine rice, radishes, eggs, cucumber, celery and onion.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard and salt; mix well.
- Pour over rice mixture and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour.
My sister Terry found this recipe in a Taste of Home cookbook she had and made this for a family dinner several years ago and we loved it. When I asked again for the recipe, I found it was already posted here. This is a wonderful salad that is great for any occasion. We love it! I've made this with a mix of brown & wild rice as well as plain white. It's a great recipe that is now saved in my favorites! Thanks for posting Yopper!
We didn't think it was better than potato salad, but everyone liked it at a potluck I took it to. I used brown rice with no complaints from anyone. I also used half light mayo, half light Miracle Whip.
This is outstanding! Made it for Father's Day supper and it was gone in no time flat. Well done Yooper! Another family favorite added to the list.