Chef #561624's Note:
My friends and I ate at Jake's City Grill in the Minneapolis area over the weekend. My friend ordered these pizza rolls and after we were served our food we wished we all had. Don't get me wrong, our food was excellent but we kept talking about those pizza rolls the rest of the weekend. As soon as we got home we decided to try to duplicate them. We got pretty close. Enjoy! (Meat topping could easily be doubled and frozen so prep wouldn't take so long the next time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 piece pizza dough, your favorite recipe
- 1 (14 ounce) jar of your favorite pizza sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces pepperoni (the bigger ones work better)
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon
- 4 -5 slices of crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 lb ground sausage
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic flakes or 1 garlic clove
- 1Preheat oven to the temperature your pizza dough calls for.
- 2Set aside 8 big pepperoni or 32 small pepperoni for later.
- 3Fry bacon and set aside.
- 4Brown sausage with garlic and Italian seasoning and meanwhile put Canadian bacon, left over pepperoni, and bacon crumbles in food processor and pulse until a pieces are small. Add this to the sausage when it is browned so the pepperoni can get crispy and the mixture can get warmed up.
- 5Roll out pizza dough onto a cutting board into an 18x14 rectangle. Cut four strips lengthwise and cut once down the center. You should now have 8 strips that are about 3 inches wide and 6 or 7 inches long.
- 6Place a little sauce (not too much or it will run out while baking) down the center of each strip.
- 7Place the hot meat mixture down the center of each strip and spread out.
- 8Sprinkle cheese over each strip.
- 9Roll each strip up.
- 10Place each "roll" spiral side down on a pepperoni (or four small pepperoni) that you have placed on a baking sheet. These will help to keep things from leaking out the bottom.
- 11Place in the oven and bake until the outside of the dough is slightly browned or follow your pizza dough instructions.
- 12Top with Parmesan cheese and serve with extra pizza sauce for dipping.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Than Plain Ol' Pizza Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 941.6
- Calories from Fat 659
- Total Fat 73.2 g
- Saturated Fat 28.5 g
- Cholesterol 216.8 mg
- Sodium 3173.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 52.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: