Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Don't get me wrong...I love Paula Deen! I just took her original recipe and made it my own. My brother and SIL love this over rice. PLEASE NOTE: You will need a 6-quart crockpot to make this recipe as posted. It makes a lot of soup but it freezes very well.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (I used Mexican-style)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 0.5 (4 ounce) can jalapenos, diced
- 2 (3 7/8 ounce) cans olives, drained (sliced)
- 2 (1 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 2 (1 ounce) packages ranch dressing mix
- Brown the ground turkey in 2 T extra virgin olive oil.
- Place turkey in the bottom of a large crock pot.
- Add onions, beans, corn, garlic, tomatoes, chiles, jalapenos, olives, taco seasoning and ranch mix.
- Mix well and cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
Yes! This recipe has everything - protien, fiber, veggies, and it is delicious and pretty healthy. I like the recipe also because it uses ground turkey and the crockot. I added 1 1/2 cups water so it would not burn.
Absolutely delicious! I used ground elk and did everything on the stove, letting it simmer gently for about 4 hours. I cut the recipe in half, using 2 cans of beans, half a can of corn etc... I also added about 1/2 a cup of beef broth to thin it out just a tad. This soup is fantastic and I will most definitely be making again. Thanks!
The flavor in this soup is just wonderful, but I wish it had been more soupy........I ended up adding some tomato sauce to give me more juice and added an extra taco seasoning package and ranch dressing package to compensate for the flavor. I also added an additional can of Rotel to spice it up some. I simmered this on the stove for about 5 hours instead of using the crockpot. Made for lunches at work and for DH at home and will also share with my DD's fmaily tomorrow night. Makes a ton, especially with the additions I made. I'll make this one again. Thanks for sharing. Made for Cookbook Tag game.