Recipe by shonni11
I am the kitchen manager at a lg sports bar and grill. My regulars LOVE these. All amounts are approximate on this recipe (as with all of my recipes since I created most out of my head). For the batter, wisk in small amounts of flour until batter is the correct consistancy. This batter is great for all other veggies and fish as well.
- 3 large sweet onions
- 3 -4 cups flour
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (dark beer is good and you might want to have another bottle handy.)
- 4 cups frying oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Take onions and peel.
- slice into 1/4 inch slabs (do not seperate into rings).
- In a lg bowl, pour a bottle of beer. When the foam goes down, slowly wisk in flour until batter is pretty thick.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a deep frying pan, add oil till it's about 3 inches deep. Heat oil till ready for frying.
- Take onion slabs and dip into batter. Batter should be thick enough so most sticks to the onion slab.
- Drop into the hot oil and fry until batter is golden brown.
- Remove from grease and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with choice of dressings for dipping.