1/4 Photos of Better Than Olive Garden Pasta Pomodoro
I have always loved Olive Garden's Pomodoro. This is what I came up with when I experimented at home. This does not heat up your kitchen and is a light supper dish for those hot summer evenings. If you like spice, add some crushed red pepper flakes to taste. Just don't use anything but the freshest ingredients--you'll end up with something that tastes pasty/chemical/bitter/etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 lbs fresh garden tomatoes, medium dice (If you can't get garden tomatoes, buy the ripest Romas you can find at the grocery.)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaf (not dry)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces good quality finely grated parmesan cheese (no canned stuff!) or 4 ounces romano cheese (no canned stuff!)
- 12 ounces fine pasta, cooked (cappellini or angel hair)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1Heat olive oil over high heat and add garlic; saute for 30 seconds.
- 2Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- 3Saute for another 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Add cooked pasta and chopped basil.
- 6Toss gently.
- 7Turn into serving bowl/dish, add 1/2 grated cheese, and toss again.
- 8Serve immediately and pass the last 2 oz. of grated parmesan.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Than Olive Garden Pasta Pomodoro
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1205.3
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 902.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 148.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 48.5 g