Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My mom makes the best pork adobo, but I think my chicken version rivals hers! Don't tell her :)
- 3 lbs chicken thighs
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 large potato, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Combine all ingredients and marinate for 1 hour.
- Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Uncover and reduce liquid.
- Let chicken & potatoes brown, about 15 minutes making sure not to burn.
- Serve with rice.
This was tasty. I've only ever had eggplant adobo which I also found on Zaar. It was very easy to make, although I used breasts and next time will use thighs because I do think they'll be better. I also liked how the potatoes didn't get mushy. The only thing is- it took MUCH longer to prepare/marinate/cook this dish than the 1 hour stated. I'd say with prep, marination and cooking it took almost 2 hrs 15 minutes.