I can drink pitcher after pitcher of this stuff and can never get enough. You can't help but down it, for it tastes sooooooo good, especially on a hot day. You can subsitute any type of black tea (lipton, etc) however I have found the one listed in the recipe below tastes the most authentic. Do not change the steps or omit anything on how it is made - sounds crazy but it is the process and the baking soda that makes it taste the way it does compared to conventional methods. You will throw away your iced tea brewer after making iced tea this way. Dare to compare! This southern sweet tea recipe trumps all others and "IS FOR KINGS"! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place tea bags in a 4 Cup glass measuring cup.
- 2Add baking soda.
- 3Fill with water past 4 Cup line to about 4 1/4 cups.
- 4Cover thightly with aluminum foil for 15 minutes.
- 5Remove / drain tea bags.
- 6Add sugar to a seperate large picture.
- 7Add hot tea concentrate to picture.
- 8Stir until sugar is completely melted.
- 9Add ice to picture.
- 10Serve immediately or store in refridgerator.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Than Mc Donald's Sweet Tea
Serving Size: 1 (459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 111.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: