Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I can drink pitcher after pitcher of this stuff and can never get enough. You can't help but down it, for it tastes sooooooo good, especially on a hot day. You can subsitute any type of black tea (lipton, etc) however I have found the one listed in the recipe below tastes the most authentic. Do not change the steps or omit anything on how it is made - sounds crazy but it is the process and the baking soda that makes it taste the way it does compared to conventional methods. You will throw away your iced tea brewer after making iced tea this way. Dare to compare! This southern sweet tea recipe trumps all others and "IS FOR KINGS"! Enjoy!
- Place tea bags in a 4 Cup glass measuring cup.
- Add baking soda.
- Fill with water past 4 Cup line to about 4 1/4 cups.
- Cover thightly with aluminum foil for 15 minutes.
- Remove / drain tea bags.
- Add sugar to a seperate large picture.
- Add hot tea concentrate to picture.
- Stir until sugar is completely melted.
- Add ice to picture.
- Serve immediately or store in refridgerator.
Not sure that this tastes just like McDonalds, but it does make a really good iced tea!! I don't know how much ice I ended up adding as I didn't measure, but it was quite a bit -- I just eyeballed it until my pitcher wouldn't take anymore :)