1/1 Photo of Better Than Max and Erma's White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
I wanted a thick cookie to duplicate the ones at Max and Erma's, which my mom adores. I came up with this, which is similar to many such recipes, but the real trick to the flavor and thickness is in the cornstarch and the turbinado sugar. The result is a sinfully decadent and flavorful cookie. My mom said Max and Erma's cookies will now make her sad to eat, because they aren't nearly as good as these. I'm not a fan of white chocolate macadamia, and even I had trouble laying off them. Prep time does not include refrigeration. (I don't recommend skipping the fridge step--cold dough helps with the thicker consistency.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups turbinado sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (heaping)
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces white chocolate chunks (chips will do, but chunks are better for texture and taste)
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (chopped coarsely)
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (whole)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Cream butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- 3Add eggs, beat until fluffy.
- 4Gradually add dry ingredients.
- 5Stir in white chocolate and macadamias.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate dough for at least an hour.
- 7Roll into balls and place on silpat or greased cookie sheet/foil.
- 8Bake 8-10 minutes (adjust as necessary based on actual size of your cookies).
- 9Let cool for a couple minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Than Max and Erma's White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.5
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 72.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: