Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This has been voted the best pumpkin pie EVER by anyone who has tried it. It's similar to the Libby's Pumpkin Pie but has much better flavor. I recommend making your own pie crust and serving it very cold. If you need a perfect pie crust recipe for the occasion please see Classic Crisco Single Crust recipe by RecipeNut.
- 1 (15 ounce) can Libby's canned pumpkin (100% pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk (sweetended NOT evaporated)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk ingredients in bowl until smooth and pour into pie crust. Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees. Continue baking for 30 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted 1 inch from the crust comes out clean.
- Cool. Refridgerate for at least one hour before serving and serve with cool whip (optional).
I tried this recipe simply for the reason of the sweetened condensed milk. I did however after reading the other review add more spices. Turned out great. I will definetly make this for my family again during the holidays. Thanks for posting.
I like cloves in my pumpkin pie. This pie was bland.