Recipe by Debber
Swim team and 4-H club fund-raisers wouldn't be the same without THESE bars on hand. Cut them B-I-G and let the kids enjoy themselves!
Top Review by Jules211
I made these using a 9*13 pan and they turned out great. The DH and the kids dove in right away. I have them in a sealed pan on the cupboard and unlike another reviewer my crackers did not get mushy. I wonder if a saltine would be a sub for the club cracker? I will be making these again. Thanks for the yummy treat.
- 2 (453.59 g) packet Club crackers (whole)
- 118.29 ml milk
- 473.18 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 236.59 ml butter
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- 158.51 ml peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Line the bottom of a 10x15 cookie sheet with the crackers; set aside.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, add the filling ingredients, stirring to mix.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high, bring to a boil, continuing to stir, boiling five minutes.
- Pour HALF of the sugar-butter mixture over the crackers, spreading with a spatula.
- Add another layer of crackers, and then spread remaining sugar-butter over that.
- Melt topping ingredients in the microwave or on stovetop in same saucepan. When melted, spread over last layer in the pan.
- Cool for 10 minutes at room temp, then chill in fridge for about 30-45 minutes.
- Cut into serving portions.
- SUBSTITUTION: This recipe can also be made in a 13x9 pan -- using the same amount of ingredients, to obtain a thicker bar.