Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Swim team and 4-H club fund-raisers wouldn't be the same without THESE bars on hand. Cut them B-I-G and let the kids enjoy themselves!
- 2 (8 ounce) packets Club crackers (whole)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- Line the bottom of a 10x15 cookie sheet with the crackers; set aside.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, add the filling ingredients, stirring to mix.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high, bring to a boil, continuing to stir, boiling five minutes.
- Pour HALF of the sugar-butter mixture over the crackers, spreading with a spatula.
- Add another layer of crackers, and then spread remaining sugar-butter over that.
- Melt topping ingredients in the microwave or on stovetop in same saucepan. When melted, spread over last layer in the pan.
- Cool for 10 minutes at room temp, then chill in fridge for about 30-45 minutes.
- Cut into serving portions.
- SUBSTITUTION: This recipe can also be made in a 13x9 pan -- using the same amount of ingredients, to obtain a thicker bar.
I made these using a 9*13 pan and they turned out great. The DH and the kids dove in right away. I have them in a sealed pan on the cupboard and unlike another reviewer my crackers did not get mushy. I wonder if a saltine would be a sub for the club cracker? I will be making these again. Thanks for the yummy treat.
These are good but the calories and fat are huge drawback for me. Nearly 2000 calories and 93 grams of fat in ONE serving. Even if you divide them into 36 pieces you are still getting 1000 calories and 46 grams of fat. WOW!!
Wow, a giant Kit Kat Bar! Easy to make.