Swim team and 4-H club fund-raisers wouldn't be the same without THESE bars on hand. Cut them B-I-G and let the kids enjoy themselves!
- Line the bottom of a 10x15 cookie sheet with the crackers; set aside.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, add the filling ingredients, stirring to mix.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high, bring to a boil, continuing to stir, boiling five minutes.
- Pour HALF of the sugar-butter mixture over the crackers, spreading with a spatula.
- Add another layer of crackers, and then spread remaining sugar-butter over that.
- Melt topping ingredients in the microwave or on stovetop in same saucepan. When melted, spread over last layer in the pan.
- Cool for 10 minutes at room temp, then chill in fridge for about 30-45 minutes.
- Cut into serving portions.
- SUBSTITUTION: This recipe can also be made in a 13x9 pan -- using the same amount of ingredients, to obtain a thicker bar.