Recipe by Pagan
Sometimes our busy lives preclude the ability and even time feasibility of scratch cooking. This is a recipe for one of those times. You use a commercial box of stuffing, but you dress it up and make it something scrumptious rather than just something quick. If served with pork, add 1/2 cup [or one small] grated apple. If served with chicken, add 1/2 cup minced grapes. If served with beef, add 1/2 cup grated monterey jack cheese. This gives something out of a box that homemade taste. Hope you like it.
- 6 ounces seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, fresh, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the margarine in small pan and saute garlic, celery, onion, fruit [if used], sage, rosemary, and salt.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Stir in contents of stuffing mix pouch, remove from heat, cover, and let stand five minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.