Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is so easy and SO delicious, it's hard to believe the ingredients are all either pre-made or canned.
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can white chicken meat, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (reduced fat)
- 1 (29 ounce) canveg-all homestyle large-cut vegetables, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried celery flakes (can sub 1/2 tsp. dried parsley if you must)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place one of the room temperature pie crusts in a glass pie pan, pressing to bottom and sides of the pan.
- Combine chicken, veggies, soup, celery flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Top with the second pie crust, turning under edges, crimping, and puncture top crust with a knife about 4 times.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Tried it last night and it was a HUGE success. Very easy, fast and delicious.
Perfection! My husband and I could have eaten the whole pie tonight. It is that good! I added lots of fresh ground black pepper in the mix and used cream of celery- reduced fat, and took Trisha's advice and used 1/2 of the water from the vegetables. Thank you LorenLou for a very easy and excellent classic dish!
Yum!! We had this for supper tonight and really enjoyed it. I did add about half of the juice from the vegetables to the mixture, as I like it not quite so dry and I also used cream of celery soup and fresh cooked chicken. Thanks for sharing this great recipe.