Recipe by Doug2
This is our own combination of several baked bean recipes from newspapers, friends and here on Recipezaar.
Top Review by Country Cook in Oklahoma
I never know what to do with leftover baked beans. I fixed this for dinner last night and boy was it a hit! I simply added a couple of ingredients that weren't in my baked beans such as the beef and chilli sauce. Easy and enjoyed by all. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 lb bacon (cut up)
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 3 -4 large onions (chopped thickly)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork & beans, do NOT drain
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine bacon, ground beef, and onions in a kettle. Cook over medium heat until onion is softened and meat is partially cooked. Add sugars, vinegar, dry mustard, ketchup and chili sauce. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Then add beans, transfer to a large baking dish and bake for one hour at 325 degrees.
- Can be prepared in a Crockpot, but the beans will retain more liquid. Oven-baking is really best.