1/3 Photos of Better Than Granny's and Easy Chicken and Dumplings
When my Granny died, I missed her and her chicken and dumplings, because NO one made them like Granny. I tried several recipes but they were either very complicated or not very good. Then I found this one and even my Yankee husband who doesn't like dumplings tried to hide the leftovers to take to work the next day. We LOVE this recipe. They are actually better than Granny's. Even Mama agrees. (Sorry, Granny!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large pot, bring chicken, broth, soup, pepper and poultry seasoning to a boil.
- 2Then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- 3In the meantime, lightly flour a piece of waxed paper and a rolling pin (or a round drinking glass works). Also lay out a clean piece of waxed paper to put on after rolling.
- 4Take two biscuits and roll out in circle to 1/8 inch thickness. Lay them on the other piece of waxed paper.
- 5Repeat with all biscuits. Then take a knife and slice the circles into one inch strips.
- 6Bring pot back to a low boil. Pick up each strip and pull into 1 1/2 to 2 inch pieces and drop into broth on low boil.
- 7Stir gently to prevent them sticking together.
- 8Simmer for ten minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Than Granny's and Easy Chicken and Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 827.2
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.9 mg
- Sodium 3709.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 40.2 g