1/1 Photo of Better Than Grannie's Creamed Corn
Recipe from Alton Brown's television show, Good Eats.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan over medium heat, sweat the onion in butter and salt until translucent.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, place a paper bowl in the middle of the bowl.
- 3Resting the cob on the bowl in a vertical position remove only the tops of the kernel with a knife, using long smooth downward strokes and rotating the cob as you go.
- 4After the cob has been stripped, use the dull backside of your knife to scrape any remaining pulp and milk off the cob.
- 5Add the corn and pulp mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium high until the juice from the corn has tightened (I took this to mean reduced a bit?).
- 6Add the rosemary.
- 7Sprinkle the corn with the sugar and turmeric.
- 8Stir constantly for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle the cornmeal onto the corn, using a whisk to combine well.
- 9Add the heavy cream and cook until the corn has softened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 10Remove the rosemary.
- 11Season with freshly ground black pepper.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Than Grannie's Creamed Corn
Serving Size: 1 (1057 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.0
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 118.8 mg
- Sodium 192.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: